Saturday, January 28, 2017

Day 1211 - Curtain Call

It's been awhile since I had the time, or rather the energy, to sit and write. With all the divisiveness and hate spreading in this country, I found myself seeking the beauty of life, the simple things I can focus on to superimpose the angry words I read on a daily basis. I do not need the negativity in my mind and I choose to focus on the beauty life has to give.

My life is filled with beauty,
I see it everyday through my hopeful eyes,
They seek out the good in people,
Even if it's buried deep down inside.

I have such beautiful dreams,
Dreams of endless love and human grace,
I watch as it spreads through actions, not words, 
Accepting all, regardless of their life's place.

My beliefs surround me in beauty,
I have one life to live,
I choose positivity and faith,
Those who've lost their way, I must forgive.

I think with a beautiful mind,
That we all should be free,
Free from the agony of monetary evils,
Freeing us all, to fulfill each others needs.

We all could have such a peace of mind,
If we just recognize the beauty around us all,
We could defend ourselves from any darkness, 
If we just, together, refuse beauty to take it's last curtain call.



No comments:

Post a Comment