Wednesday, January 17, 2018

Day ??? - Vows


I pull up to the place with steeple on high,
March up the steps, mouth feeling dry,
I swing the wooden doors open wide,
Empty pews sit side by side by side.

I'm alone, just me and my heart beat,
I take my place up front with nervous feet,
Family, friends and neighbors file in,
Waiting for her and a new chapter to begin.

A nerves grow, I'm wishing I could just stop time,
Then I stand and turn, such elegant beauty, I'm mesmerized.
No longer alone, I feel a warmth by my side,
It's two hearts burning, with no divide.

We've never been here before, in front of Him,
Sacred vows made to honor each other, even after life grows dim.
We build on the faith and love we've grown within,
Sealing out commitment to fidelity by exchanging of rings.

There's no kissing the bride in this white gown scene,
Just two smiles wide as we exit the aisles between.
So much laughter and joy as the day carries on,
It's perfect, knowing the one with who you belong.

We got here by building strong bonds of trust,
Focused on deep rooted love, not being tempted by lust.
I'm thankful for this woman who entered my life,
I'll be happy all my days knowing she is my wife.



No comments:

Post a Comment