Wednesday, January 31, 2018

Day ??? - Love Wins


You're my daily highlight reel,
Playing in a loop on my mind all day.
I think back to the early years,
Texting each other our every move,
Video chatting as if we were together at home,
Every day was smiles and laughs,
Every day we learned something new.
Those were special times growing our love,
Building a foundation for what was to come.

These last three years have stretched us thin,
Mind and focus swallowed by life demands.
No time for messaging every minute of the day,
We watched the honeymoon pass on the way.
We were stuck in a world separated by time,
Lacking the comfort which our touch does provide.
Moments of misunderstanding reared it head,
Arguments over nothing became a thing.
But we still spoke most every night,
Leaning on trust to be our guiding light.

Now, I'm still just as smitten with you,
The joy you bring me still feels so true.
I love staring in to your deep brown eyes,
Listening as your lips dance with words so wise.
Your mind is something of which I've become so proud,
Coupled with that smile, it makes my heart beat so loud.
Oh that sweet laugh and the warm way you say 'hey babe,'
I'm elated that we'll be together forever and a day.
Just clasp your gentle hands tightly in mine,
Give and take this gracious love until the end of time.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment